ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <r...@evosent.com>
Subject Re: Ignite-1.5 Release
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 19:12:19 GMT
Any others? I need some more convincing :)

That Hazelcast does it doesn't mean that it's correct SW Engineering
practice. Perhaps they don't have a public Maven repo (probably that's the
reason) where they can publish their EA in a staging area. The ASF does
(advantage) and therefore we can use this facility.

Moreover that nomenclature is horrible. It ties them up to a single EA.
What if it comes out with a blocking bug that impedes testing? They'd need
to release a second EA, and that's not taken into account.