ignite-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan V." <iveselovs...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: IGFS backed by persistence on physical filesystem
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 21:53:14 GMT
Valentin, my reply possibly was not enough exact, sorry, so let me bring
clarity there.
If we store a file, in case of LocalFileSystem secondary Fs the file will
be stored locally not on *each* Ignite node in the cluster, but *only* on
the node where the operation was requested.
E.g. if a cluster consists of nodes A, B, C, we connect to node A and write
file "/tmp/f", the file "/tmp/f" will be written locally only on the node
where node A runs, and nowhere else.
Yes, data cache in IGFS is patitioned, so file blocks are distributed. But
this is about IGFS, which in DUAL mode only plays role of intermediate
layer (a cache) between secondary Fs and the client.