ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Igfs PURGE events: do we need them?
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 23:52:11 GMT
Cos,

The main reason soft delete was added is performance. Without soft-delete,
the delete operation would have to wait until a file is fully deleted from
a folder, which may take time.

As far as secondary FS handling it, IGFS does not require a secondary FS,
so we should account for cases when IGFS is running stand-alone.

Thoughts?

D.