ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Naming: Binarylizable
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 19:20:20 GMT
On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 10:42 AM, M G <endian675@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this could be better named. 'Serializable' comes from the verb 'to
> serialize'. Binaryizable doesn't make as much sense as there is no verb 'to
> binary'.

Michael, I think the name has pun intended and tries to mimic standard Java
names. I do agree that there is no verb “to binary”, but if there was,
would it be “to binerize” or “to binarylize”? For some reason I like the
latter, because it is clearly parallel to the Java names.

Another option is “BinaryAware”, which I like less.

D.