ignite-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilles, Romain" <romain.gil...@misys.com>
Subject OSGi migration may require a special marshaller
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 09:56:53 GMT
Hi all,

I'm really interested in this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1270 . We
some stuff to make it work in our osgi environment. The main issue for us now is the serialization.
I think it you will have to rework the OptimizedMarshaller or any other marshaller that works
with object that come from outside your class space.

We have try kryo that works. Kryo provide an extension point in order to resolve the classes:
https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/kryo/blob/master/src/com/esotericsoftware/kryo/ClassResolver.java
. With this extension we are able to solve the problem of external classes. The only issue
with kryo is that some classes need a certain care in the serialization process and therefore
a specialized serializer.

So I would like to know from the community what do think of changing the way the optimized
marshaller works or introducing the support of yet another marshaller based on a kryo like
technology?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Romain.

PS: I'm ready to help in the both cases.
"Misys" is the trade name of the Misys group of companies. This email and any attachments
have been scanned for known viruses using multiple scanners. This email message is intended
for the named recipient only. It may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the
named recipient of this email please notify us immediately and do not copy it or use it for
any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. This email does not constitute
the commencement of legal relations between you and Misys. Please refer to the executed contract
between you and the relevant member of the Misys group for the identity of the contracting
party with which you are dealing.