ignite-dev mailing list archives

From endian675 <endian...@gmail.com>
Subject IGNITE-1903: CacheStore implementation is serialised to grid clients whether they require it or not
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 09:05:30 GMT
Moving the conversation from the User list.

vkulichenko wrote
> You get an error because you don't have a class on the client node. With
> ClassFactory it doesn't receive the store instance, but it still receives
> corresponding Class object, therefore fails. I think the cleanest way to
> solve it for now is to add store class on the client's classpath.

As I wrote in the JIRA, I think this creates a very undesirable coupling
between client and server.  I will report back on my testing of how and
whether clients can cope with the CacheStore implementation/class definition
changing, but I am not confident that they can.  If they cannot, I will have
to abandon my clients joining the grid as clientMode=true and use some other
method, probably laying my own transport layer over the top of Ignite,
something that I had hoped to avoid.

vkulichenko wrote

> endian675 wrote
>> Could we consider not sending the message to nodes in the topology if a)
>> the cache is not TRANSACTIONAL and b) the node is clientMode=true ?
> Can you create a JIRA ticket and send a link to the dev@ list? I think it
> should be discussed in the community first.
>
> -Val

created at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1903

Many thanks
Mike