ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznet...@gridgain.com>
Subject Portables hash code.
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 02:49:07 GMT
Igniters,

I'm working on  [1] "IGNITE-1753 Rework CacheJdbcPojoStore to new API."

And one of subtasks is to support portable objects with JDBC store.

I implemented this and during tests found a huge performance drop when I
have PortableObject as key.

After some debugging I found that all my portable objects have hashCode = 0.
I'm using PortableBuilder to build my portable objects.

And I expected that PortableBuilder will calculate proper hash code for me
out of the box.

I think we should at least describe in PortableBuilder javadocs that by
default PortableBuilder will return zero hashcode?

Or we should calculate hashcode in PortableBuilder.build() method?

Or may be we could add boolean argument PortableBuilder.build(boolean
generateHashCode)?

Thoughts?

P.S. After I added manual hashcode calculation to my CacheJdbcPojoStore
performance drop is gone away.

Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems
www.gridgain.com