ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>
Subject Questions about TeamCity CI organization
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 13:14:05 GMT
Hey guys,

I have a few questions about the way our builds are organised in TeamCity.

1. All build configurations seem to be building the entire project tree. Is
this correct?

2. The goal of the build configurations here is to partition the tests so
that the test execution can be distributed across all 15 worker nodes,
right?

3. Would it make sense to have a single top-level build for the project
tree that actually builds the code? This one would in turn trigger the
individual test suites – each in a build configuration such that then can
continue to be distributed across the worker cloud? Or do we face a problem
with Maven SNAPSHOTs potentially overwriting each other if multiple builds
are running concurrently? To me, it seems overkill to build the entire
project tree over and over again only to execute a given test suite (if I
understood correctly).

4. Are tests for ignite-spark, ignite-kafka, ignite-mesos,
ignite-rest-http, etc. ever run? I don't find specific build configurations
for them... Are they included in other configs?

Thanks,

*Raúl Kripalani*
PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and
Messaging Engineer