ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Why portable marshaller handle Date and Timestamp in the same way?
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 07:26:27 GMT
Igniters,

For some reason we "merged" Date and Timestamp types in portable
marshaller. They are both written in the same format with the same type ID.
And how date is interpreted on read side - as Date or as Timestamp -
depends on configuration flag "use timestamp".

Is there are reason why we do this? Transparent conversion from Timestamp
to Date is invalid use case because it leads to data loss. Looks like we
can separate these types from each other and remove this strange
configuration parameter.

Thoughts?

Vladimir.