ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Kornev <andrewkor...@hotmail.com>
Subject Services collocation
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 01:05:43 GMT
Hello,

I'd like to be able to deploy my cluster-wide singleton services all collocated on the same
cluster node. What is the best way to achieve that?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to define the "service groups" where all services in a group
would be deployed on the same node, whereas the different groups would be load balanced all
over the cluster. The services included in the same group would usually the ones that share
their data or/and closely collaborate on the same task. By collocating services in such a
way, I'll be able to optimize some of the execution paths (reducing the number of remote invocations,
for example) and have in-process coordination between the services (if necessary) as a bonus.

I've considered the affinity-based collocation (where the "group" would consist of the all
services configured with the same affinity key), but the drawback, IMHO, is that topology
changes may cause unnecessary mass migration of the services to the new primary node where
the services get then restarted. I'd like to avoid paying the service shutdown/start-up overhead
as much as possible, since in my case it's pretty expensive.

Any ideas/suggestion are very much appreciated!

Thanks
Andrey