ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Organizing documentation for platforms
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 09:50:54 GMT
Igniters,

We need to add documentation for .Net and CPP platforms. There are several
approaches:

1) Just add corresponding .Net/CPP code snippets to existing docs.
Very easy to implement, but platform users will have to constantly switch
from Java code snippets and will not understand which features exist in the
platform and which are not.

2) Place platform docs in a separate paragraph. E.g.
root
|-- Clustering
|-- ...
|-- .Net
|   |-- Clustering
|-- CPP
|   |-- Clustering

Not very good idea, we want to position .Net and CPP as a fully-fledged
products, not as some secondary extension to Java version.

3) Create separate *readme.io <http://readme.io>* space, e.g.
*https://apacheignite-dotnet.readme.io/
<https://apacheignite-dotnet.readme.io/>* and put all relevant docs here.
The most user-friendly solution, but require more work and lead to docs
duplication what will make maintenance harder.

I tend to prefer the last approach. Any ideas/thoughts?

Vladimir.