ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Ignite ARM Unsafe GetFloat Segmentation Fault
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 07:33:21 GMT
Note that there is another similar problem reported for HP-UX environment:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1493. While the problem
appears to be completely different in nature (address alignment problem),
it looks like we need some systematic work on targeting different
archs/OSes. I expect that we face lots of problems with endiannes,
unaligned access, JVM offsets, memory ordering, etc.

As per endiannes and alignment issues, Netty is a good reference point:
https://github.com/netty/netty/blob/master/common/src/main/java/io/netty/util/internal/PlatformDependent0.java