ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ignite 1.4 status
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 02:50:53 GMT
Folks,

I was debugging issues with discovery today, my findings are below:

   - Issue with assertion "topology version has not been updated" was
   caused by sending discard message for custom messages. Now since we
   re-arrange custom messages, discardId gets repositioned and messages that
   should have been discarded were not discarded.
   - Fixed the issue above by introducing separate pending queue for custom
   messages which gets discarded independently from other discovery messages.
   - Did not get to the bottom of "joining nodes" assertion. From the debug
   I see that coordinator always fires custom messages at the right moment,
   when joiningNodes is empty, however despite the fixed (above) issue with
   custom messages discard, custom processed custom messages get re-sent which
   leads to this assertion

I committed my pending debug code to ignite-1171-debug branch, if any of
you guys is up to debugging this issue while I'm asleep - great, if not -
I'll continue digging into it tomorrow.