ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] PMC Chair rotation
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 16:36:57 GMT
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 01:13PM, Sergi Vladykin wrote:
> I believe Chair doesn't need our approval to start such a discussion :)
> Probably we should set Chair reelection date to make this work?

No one needs any approvals to start something around here, clearly ;) The
point of this is to formalize the lazy fall-back instead of a hard action
items.

The keyword here is 'lazy' because this thing doesn't set a hard-date for the
"reelection" nor oblige anyone to even make the reelection happen. I think
this is one of those best engineering practices - "don't touch things if they
work". So if the current Chair "works" well - we don't need to touch it just
because we had set the reelection date. And as any good practice - it is quite
daoistic.

Cos