ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ignite Teamcity at Apache side
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 18:31:19 GMT
On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 04:11PM, Anton Vinogradov wrote:
>    Hello,
>    As you may know we already have Ignite Teamcity server where contributors
>    can check it's patches. But, as Cos said before, this test environment
>    should be runned under apache hardware.

It isn't like test env. _should_ be running on Apache infra, but that's what
most
projects do and it takes away a bunch of chores of maintenance. The part that
_should_ be on Apache infra is where you build and deploy project's artifacts
and/or building releases. The main reason is trust: with Infra you know where
your bits are coming from and can be relatively sure there's no malware and
other nasty things on it.

Say, in Bigtop we are running all the CI on our own infra, but all the
deployable artifacts are created by builds.a.o. Same goes with Ignite already.
So I am not particularly married to an idea that CI just _has_ to be moved
over.

Cos