ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IGNITE-1217 TC triggering by github pull-requests
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 22:41:28 GMT
Agree. Actually, it's up to a committer, I think. I just don't see a reason
to have one-commit-per-pull-request requirement. From my understanding,
this is not how pull requests work.

BTW, I just tested the process and it works like a charm. I like it! And
I'm about to merge your contributions, Raul ;-)

-Val

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Raul Kripalani <raulk@apache.org> wrote:

> Although you can, I don't recommend merging the pull request directly from
> the contributor's Github repo into the ASF Git, as you will preserve their
> commit history.
>
> Normally you wouldn't be interested in doing so, as it might have taken
> them 2, 5 or 10 commits to implement the contribution, and keeping that
> history on our side is not useful nor does it provide value.
>
> Rather, it's cleaner to generate a patch and apply it in ASF Git.
>
> At Camel, we include a note "With thanks to John Doe" in the commit message
> to leave the meritocracy footprint.
>
> Raúl.
> On 14 Aug 2015 01:55, "Dmitriy Setrakyan" <dsetrakyan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org>
> > wrote:

> > > always
> > > GitHub
> > Apache
> > >
> > > It won't. github repo is a mirror of Apache git mirror. In order to
> have
> > > the
> > > changes from github PR to be in visible in the github a committer needs
> > > commit it into our Apache repo.
> > >

> > Cos, will the original contributor's name be preserved or should the
> Ignite
> > committer add "-author" parameter when committing?
> >

> > > Cos

> > > dsetrakyan@apache.org

> > ashutak@gridgain.com>

> works