ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code is ready for bug fix https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1226
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 10:35:01 GMT
On 25.08.2015 11:58, Raul Kripalani wrote:
> The Github repo of Ignite is read only. It's just a mirror of the Apache
> repo.
>
> You need to fork it into your own Github account. Then you clone the fork
> locally and push the branch to it.
>
> Later, you open a Pull Request to the apache/ignite repo, making sure that
> you include the ticket number (IGNITE-nnnn) in the description.
>
> The ASF Github bot will pick up the pull request and notify the Dev team on
> the mailing list and on JIRA.

And does everyone who's writing these instructions really think this is
a reasonable process for new contributors? Why not just clone from
git-wip-us, make the change on a local branch and either send the patch
to the dev list or attach it to the Jira issue? There's no sane reason
to involve GitHub at all.

As it is, you're telling him to jump through 4 hoops when he could just
as easily get the same done by jumping through 2. Meh.

-- Brane