ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation by contributors
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 18:15:05 GMT
On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 09:07PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 8:44 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Just as a friendly reminder: readme.io hosting still opens us to the
> > issue we've been
> > discussing at length. Namely - the source of the documentation isn't
> > hosted on
> > the Apache premises. I remember there were some conversations with
> > readme.io
> > folks to add some extras for the imports or something like that. Were there
> > any follow-ups on that front?
> >

> Cos, good point. I was actually going to start a thread about this.
> Readme.io actually is replicated in GitHub with by-directional integration
> here:
>
> https://github.com/apacheignite/documentation
>
> The only thing we need is to move this repository to Apache, with Readme
> application having access to it. If there are no objections, I will start a
> discussion with INFRA on this. Let me know your thoughts.

this 'documentation' repo is the official project documentation, as far as I
remember? If so - yes, let's move it to Apache git. Also, I don't see a reason
to keep it separated from the rest of the source code - it's a part of the
project. And it would be easier to track the documentation relevance to the
releases if they are together, IMO.

If we were to keep it within the project repo, there's no need to involve
INFRA into this - let's just import it and be done with it.

Cos