ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Collaboration process at Ignite
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 04:18:08 GMT
I encourage everyone here to reflect on this emails http://bit.ly/1IASLEK from
Niclas Hedhman. He's one of the Apache folks who I am listening very
closely whenever he says something.

That another reason why I avoid noisy chatter-channels like IRC, Skype, or
Slack (yes, I am making an effort to stay out of the company's channels, for
instance): if ppl need my input - they will email me or IM me. If they don't -
I won't waste my time shouting to the wind, as no one will ever scroll up and
re-read two days worth of a chat history.

Filtering tons of stuff that is highly irrelevant to what you're working on at
the moment is incredibly counter-productive. Replacing one's personal
communication discipline with a digital channel chain is hardly a solution to
grow a community; or perhaps a viable development community.

Cos