ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ognen Duzlevski <ognen.duzlev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: automatically deploying user libraries
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2015 22:29:51 GMT

> It's called a remote code execution exploit. Anyone who has write access
> to the repo (i.e., anyone who can hack in) can change the deployed code
> and DOS your whole cluster.

I believe these decisions are best left to the end user, the mechanism
proposed may or may not have valid uses for you but it may have valid uses
to others. I am an old dog too and I don't practice or agree with some of
the stuff "software engineers" pass along as good practice these days but
that doesn't mean other people should be deprived of a possibility. At the
end of the day, so long as the source code to something is online or on a
machine connected to the Internet, there is risk. Ever since that one paper
got us thinking (
https://www.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf) ...