ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznet...@gridgain.com>
Subject Create cache and near cache from XML configuration on client node.
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 13:46:05 GMT
Igniters,

If I use this configuration:
<property name="clientMode" value="true" />
<property name="cacheConfiguration">
            <list>
                <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration">
                    <property name="name" value="my_cache"/>
                     <property name="cacheMode" value="PARTITIONED"/>
                    <property name="nearConfiguration">
                        <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.NearCacheConfiguration"/>
                    </property>
                </bean>
            </list>
        </property>

This will create cache on data nodes WITH near cache and create (I hope) a
near cache on client node.

But according to documentation near cache usually NOT NEEDED on data nodes.

It seems that we need some flag like "clientNearCacheOnly" that will
prevent creating near cache on data nodes.

Thought?

P.S. I know that I could do what I need from code. But I think that such
functionality also should be available via XML.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems