ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupit...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Important: Git Policy Changed
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:33:58 GMT
> I hope so, it'd be horrible to do that on master!

Exactly!
But I do not see much sense in enforcing any kind of policy in personal
branches. Sometimes rebase may be better, sometimes I may want to use merge
so I see when and which changes came from master branch, etc.
Only the implementer cares about the look of history in his branch, so it
is up to him.

> Also what will happen if someone will do merge but other rebase?

Nothing will happen, we are talking about personal branches, they end up
being removed. And resulting work is squashed into a patch.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznetsov@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> One more. Could I use rebase in my branch if I already use merge on this
> branch before?
>
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznetsov@gridgain.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > I can start user rebase at any moment? Or I should wait for day X ?
> > Or we will start vote?
> >
> > Also what will happen if someone will do merge but other rebase?
> >
> > --
> > Alexey Kuznetsov
> > GridGain Systems
> > www.gridgain.com