ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Improve plugins start/stop procedure.
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 07:03:06 GMT
Igniters,

Ignite allows external parties to add plugins. Currently plugins are
started at the very end of start process, and they are stopped before all
other components.

This is a problem because sometimes we need to stop plugin AFTER all other
components. not BEFORE. E.g. consider a plugin which provides an
environment for custom cache store, and this store has "write-behind"
enabled. In this case we will stop plugin before write-behind store flushed
all data what leads to unexpected behavior.

It seems that we must provide more callbacks so that plugins could be
notified both before and after all other components are started/stopped.

I looked at the code and found that IgnitePluginProcessor is a very good
candidate for this - it starts very early and has access to all plugins.
What if we add the following methods to PluginProvider interface:
onPluginProcessorStart() - called from IgnitePluginProcessor.start();
onPluginProcessorStop() - called from IgnitePluginProcessor.stop().

Vladimir.