ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject JTA integration
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 01:03:36 GMT
Igniters,

Today I noticed that there is no documentation on JTA integration we
provide and wanted to add it, but got really confused by configuration we
currently have.

Essentially, the only configuration property we have is
TransactionConfiguration.setTxManagerLookupClassName(String
tmLookupClsName), where tmLookupClsName is a class name of CacheTmLookup
interface implementation. I've got two questions here:

   - Why do we provide the class name instead of CacheTmLookup instance?
   - Why do we need special interface and don't use JCache's Factory
   instead?

We also have two implementations out-of-the-box: CacheJndiTmLookup and
CacheReflectionTmLookup. Both of them have required parameters (e.g., JDNI
names for JNDI lookup) and there is no way to provide them. So they are
useless now.

I think we should:

   - Deprecate current configuration.
   - Add TransactionConfiguration.setTxManagerFactory(Factory<TransactionManager>
   factory) method instead.
   - (optional) Deprecate CacheReflectionTmLookup. It seems confusing and
   not very useful to me (I may be wrong).

Thoughts?

-Val