ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IGNITE 514
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 18:07:36 GMT
Here is the idea behind this ticket:

Currently when putAll is invoked on an ATOMIC cache, all involved entries
are locked on primary nodes. The entries are locked as a batch on primary
nodes in order to support batch update of a cache store. To avoid
deadlocks, we require a user to provide a proper ordering of the keys being
passed to putAll methods. This requirement can be relaxed:
 - We do not need to lock all entries as a batch if there is no store
configured or skipStore flag is set. Individual entry updates should be
enough.
 - When cache store is configured, we can change the order of entries in
putAll because this is not a transactional cache. Currently we can exploit
the fact that the keys are already represented as CacheObjects and use
their serialized form to provide unified ordering and avoid deadlocks.