ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: automatically deploying user libraries
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2015 19:36:05 GMT
> Cos, we are not talking about checking binaries. We are planning to
support

> >  GIT/SVN/etc repositories with a POM file. This way we simply build it
> > using maven ourselves and deploy it.
>
> Well, even worst IMO. Why would you want to run an external build
> process as a part of the nodes deployment? This will pose a security risk
> in the production deployment and you will have to find a way to disable this
> in some case and allow it in the others, no?

Our Docker container right now does exactly that. The workflow is as
following:

   1. user changes code in a GIT repo
   2. the GIT repo is provided as a parameter at docker container startup
   3. docker builds the code and deploys it into Ignite
   4. docker starts an Ignite server

This is very convenient for a user, especially during development. What I
wanted to do with "deploy(...)" method, is add the same level of
convenience directly from client code.

Why do you think it will be a security risk?