ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Near caches
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 06:37:39 GMT
My comments are below.

Alexey, feel free to update documentation if you feel anything is missing.

D.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznetsov@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Igniters,
>
> I've read documentation about Near Cahces:
> http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.2/docs/near-caches
>
> And for me it is not very useful.
>
> I have following questions:
>
> 1) How it actually works? Any Example are very welcome.

Near cache is a configuration. All cache APIs remain the same.

> 2) How it works in different cache modes ATOMIC/TRANSACTIONAL?

It works in both, ATOMIC and TRANSACTIONAL modes.

> 3) What will happened in near cache on client node when value changed on
> data node?

Depending on the invalidation configuration flag, the value will either be
updated or invalidated.

> 4) Could I use scan/sql local queries on near caches on client nodes?

You can get a local iterator over the near cache if needed. There is no
need to index near cache data.

D.