ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jira Process
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 07:50:19 GMT
On 27.07.2015 09:43, Atri Sharma wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Branko Čibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Just as an observation, I don't think RTC process was slowing down
>> progress
>>> at Ignite as reviews usually happen pretty fast.
>> They do now, when the project is fresh and the majority of active
>> committers are actually not doing this in their spare time. You need to
>> think ahead a bit, too.
>>

> I do see your point but I think you will agree that a pre message on
> developers list is necessary giving time for  potential objections.

The point is that I definitely do not agree with that. Developer receive
commit notifications; that's enough of a nudge to review the commit.

In my experience, prior reviews don't find any more bugs that post
reviews. This assumes two preconditions: a) Design discussions and
decisions are made on the dev@ list before a feature or change is made;
and b) developers request a prior review when they feel it's necessary.
But it should be up to the developer to make that judgement call.

-- Brane