ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jira Process
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 05:39:33 GMT
On 27.07.2015 07:04, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> Igniters,
>
> I believe several very valid points have been made on the general@ list
> about our Jira handling, and how we should improve our Jira process.
>
> I have tried to outline the Jira Process we should follow on our Wiki:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Jira+Process
>
> Please review and provide comments. Let's try to finalize it within the
> next couple of days.

This describes a commit-then-review process. This is absolutely not what
you want. There is no need to ask for patch review before committing;
this should happen after commit. The only case where the ticket review
stage makes sense is when someone who is not a committer is writing the
patch; or when the committer feels she needs extra eyes on the change.

-- Brane
****