ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jira Process
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:11:37 GMT
On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 06:23AM, Vasilisa Sidorova wrote:
> In a perfect world I agree with Brane.
>
> But there is top class from each igniter to trust each others on the 1000%
> and always to be ready that something go sideways. This process take time.

Actually, no one is talking about 100% trust. That's why post-commit reviews
are welcome, and reverts aren't removed from the table as a faculty of last
resort.

We are talking about trusting a committer not to do silly things that break
the master. People will be making mistakes anyway; reviewers are people too
and will be making mistakes as well. There's no way to stop it: but there're
ways to mitigate the harm and to make sure bad commits are few and far apart.

Cos