ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Important: Git Policy Changed
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 18:29:26 GMT
Besides simple diff/patch flow, there are two ways of prep'ing (and applying)
a patch in git: 'git apply' and 'git am' the former won't preserve author's
name even if it's presented. The latter will.

What we found useful in Bigtop is to also add --signoff option to indicate who
did the review/commit of the patch.

Cos