ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Closure method on a Cache Query
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 08:44:43 GMT
I am crossposting this to dev list as well.

So, is there a way to introduce custom aggregate function? I assume no.

But even if we have such ability, writing and plugging such custom function
seem to  be much harder to do than direct reducer/transformer from java
code. However, this is not very common usecase in SQL, I think.

I think it would be very nice to support custom aggregate functions. As far
as java-reducers - this is not very intuitive and I would skip adding them
back if custom aggregate is possible.

Sergi, Alex, can you please share your opinions?

--Yakov