ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Improve Ignite GIT Process
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 17:07:48 GMT

On June 11, 2015 10:37:22 AM GMT+03:00, Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com>
wrote:
>Actually this silence is my main concern here :)
>
>We're going the change the process. And everyone in the community has
>move to the new process at the same time. I have nothing against
>consensus
>concept, but IMHO there should be some formal indicator. Such a vote
>(if we
>do not apply majority rules to it) can be one of them - when the vote
>is
>closed, decision is made. Are there other options?

It might sound like i'm somewhat reverting from what I said earlier and it is ;) After quite
a bit of consideration I'm going to fully back Brane's stance on that. If needed results were
achieved through the 'silent
consensus' why doing an extra effort and run a vote? The formal indicator would be a change
in the project/design documentation, or wiki, or code.

This is true Dao of open source: you do less to actually achieve more! Just go with flow -
don't build new procedural barriers if you can do without them.

Cos