ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Improve Ignite GIT Process
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 10:20:56 GMT
On 07.06.2015 18:00, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> I'm with Brane on this one (unlike git cherry picking ;). Vote is a tool to
> record a consensus reached via a discussion/collaboration.

No, it's not, that's exactly my point: Consensus is recorded by no
objections being raised on the appropriate mailing list (dev@ for public
discussions) during a reasonable amount of time. You do *not* vote to
"record consensus". Voting is a formal procedure that is either mandated
by legal requirements (e.g., for releases) or used when consensus cannot
be reached -- and in the latter case, it should not be used because ASF
communities do not operate by majority rule.

Cos, I expected better from you. :)

-- Brane