ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: committer rights for readme.io
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 09:59:10 GMT
On 01.06.2015 20:55, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We need to setup readme.io to automatically commit to our GIT repo when
> documentation is changed. Do we have a GIT user we could reuse for this
> purpose or should we setup a new user through INFRA?

Definitely a new user with very specific access rights. But have you
considered the security aspects involved here? Who controls the
credentials for this user? How do you guarantee that someone who hacks
readme.io won't suddenly have commit access to ASF repositories?

IMO, it's better to create a separate repository for the readme.io user
to commit to (doesn't even have to be hosted by the ASF), then someone
from this community can carefully review each change and merge it into
the ASF master repo.

-- Brane