ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Artiom Shutak <ashu...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: automatic patch validation on TC
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 09:24:04 GMT
Hi, Cos,

I cannot agree with you.

I rechecked it again. What I did:
1. Sign up with new user to Apache Jira (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Signup!default.jspa). // I didn't add
any privileges.
2. Open https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-456
3. Add txt and patch - files to the issue. You can see at history of the
issue (see attachments by tc_commenter).

Please, recheck it for ignite-ci and let me know if you cannot attach files
by this user.

-- Artem --

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 12:57 AM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:

> There's user ignite-ci, that I created a while ago, but it isn't mandatory
> use it of course ;)
>
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 12:23AM, Artiom Shutak wrote:
> > I've created new Jira user without granting him some additional
> privileges.
> >
> > The user cannot move jira status, but he can add any attachment under
> this
> > user.
> >
> > I see at least one bad scenario: hacker can just monitor for new "Patch
> > available" tickets and attach a bad patch. As a result, the test builds
> > will run with bad patch.
>
> A hacker can not attach anything unless he has contributor's permissions.
>
> > I think, for example, we should approve to attach files with "patch"
> > extensions for contributors only (Somebody knows can we do that?), or
> just
> > manually run all test builds for attached to TC file or link on file.
>
> I am not sure what does it solve? Isn't that enough to impose limits on who
> can attach/change JIRA state?
>
> Cos
>
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > -- Artem --
> >
> > On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Yakov Zhdanov <yzhdanov@gridgain.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I still insist that this should be implemented with great care.
> > >
> > > Cos, can you please provide information on which projects used same
> > > approach?

> > > Well, you never know how they store the password and how strong it is.

> be -
> > >   malicious code won't do any harm to the system.
> > >
> > > Ignite tests should be able to do a lot of operations - establish
> network
> > > connections, accept incoming connections, start processes and access
> file
> > > system.
> > >
> > > In order to address possible issues we need to:
> > > 1. limit the tests scenarios launched on patch attach.
> > > 2. backup TC workers state once a day and store several days history to
> > > quickly restore the state.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Yakov Zhdanov, Director R&D
> > > *GridGain Systems*

> [...]