ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Nikita Ivanov <nivano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making Ignite In-Memory File System mountable
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 20:36:22 GMT
I think the GlusterFS example proved that distributed file systems generate
significant interest in the user community. GlusterFS used low-level FUSE
APIs to implement its mountability (and gain its well known performance).
Without a native mounting - the file system cannot really be a called a
file system but rather a proprietary API based on file/block access.

I think this feature will only increase Ignite adoption.

--
Nikita Ivanov
​GridGain founder.​