ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Ignite and non-Java languages
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 08:23:28 GMT
Dima,

The most complex part of task execution is master-node side. We assume that
user starts job execution from some Python/Ruby/etc. application. To
implement the same API as we have in Java, we must establish a link between
Java master node and external platform so that not only other platform
invokes Java, but Java is able to invoke the platform as well (e.g. to pass
job results). This is where we have to start JVM in the same process (or
use some other mechanisms like shmem).

On the other hand, remote job execution and cache operations are trivial to
implement given that "JVM-in-the-same-process" is done - these are single
"Java -> platform" or "platform -> Java" calls
Memcached and external process start could make our live easier for a while
(at the cost of more complex and less consistent API), but we will have to
implement the most difficult part still.

Vladimir.