ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@apache.org>
Subject Client Mode and Discovery
Date Mon, 25 May 2015 15:20:28 GMT
Guys,

We are currently finishing working on IGNITE-709 - which will bring client
discovery to Ignite. This mode will allow clients to connect and use the
cluster without taking place in nodes ring and therefore will not introduce
lags to server heartbeats exchange and failure detection. This may be very
critical, as clients may be started on weaker machines.

I want to discuss a configuration question.

Currently we have Ignition.setClientMode() and
IgniteConfiguration.setClientMode(). Setting this to true makes all
configured caches run in client mode. I wanted to extend this behavior and
make discovery switch to client mode, but this is not possible since
TcpDiscoverySpi and ClientDiscoverySpi are different classes with different
configuration. This means that I cannot alter SPI configuraiton, but I need
to create another instance. I don't like the approach. Why do we need
separate SPI class instead of mode in current TCP discovery?

--Yakov