ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@apache.org>
Subject Mesos Integration and some more
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 15:30:58 GMT
Guys,

We are working on mesos integration among everything else.

I have some thoughts to share and get some feedback.

1. What if we introduce special Ignite component which will provide some
user abstractions to work with systems like Mesos? This will make possible
to, for example, process mesos offers within Ignite node or explicitly
request resources.

2. I recall older GridGain (of early 3.x) had Cloud SPIs to automatically
expand the cluster over cloud provider instances. I think whether this is
worth re-introducing these components. This will make possible to manage
cloud deployments directly from Ignite. However, EC2 and GCE (I checked
only them, probably, other providers too) have autoscaling feature that
will bring new machines up.

Thoughts?

--Yakov