ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: automatic patch validation on TC
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 10:00:12 GMT
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:48 AM, Branko ─îibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:

> On 21.05.2015 11:35, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> > Are we saying that non-contributors can attach patches?
>

> Slow down. Anyone who sends a patch is, by definition, a contributor.
> Whether or not you decide to use the patch is a different matter. You
> don't want to invent any extremely paranoid access control; that's
> contrary to the whole point of open source.

Brane, as far as I know, in order for someone to start working on a ticket
we need to add him/her to the list of "contributors" in Jira. Otherwise the
ticket cannot even be assigned to that person. I thought that only the
people on the Jira "contributor" list can attach patches. Is this not so?
If not, can we configure Jira to work in that way?