ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Marshalled object's footer content for fast fields retrieval
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 05:49:01 GMT
Igniters,

We're planning to add the footer to a marshalled array of an Object to
perform queries faster when fields are used in a query.
So I have a question.

Imagine that we have two objects.

class Employee {
     private int age;
     private String name;
     private Department department;
}

class Department {
    private int id;
    private String name;
}

When an Employee object is being marshalled using OptimizedMarshaller
the footer of the marshalled array will be filled up with its personal
fields only - age, name, department. Neither Employee's footer will
contain information about Department object's fields, nor Department
field or any other /enclosed/ object field will contain footer at all.

The reason is because we don't support queries like
"Select * FROM Employee as emp WHERE *emp.**department.name* = ?"

Thus, for performance and memory consumption reasons I'm planning to
propagate the footer the way above.

  Any thoughts, concerns?

--
Denis