ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Release tag ignite-1.1.0-incubating-rc5
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 20:40:47 GMT
I've been pocking around the latest release candidate and here's a couple of
issues I see:
 - version change commit message has missing closing double quote, e.g. the
   message says
     "Version changed
   which is an indication that something is wrong with the script that invokes mvn release

 - bin/ignite.sh line 61 has this

. "${SCRIPTS_HOME}"/include/build-classpath.sh # Will be removed in release.

   which means that release's zip file will contain different scripts than
   that of the release tag, right? And there's a whole bunch of other
   massaging that's done to the scripts and pom during the package phase of
   release process. While binaries (aka packages) aren't of any concern to the
   Apache, the practice does look quite funky to me. Is there guarantee that
   published release pom will be _exactly_ the same as the one in source code?

Thanks,
  Cos