ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ognen Duzlevski <ognen.duzlev...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring ignite
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 13:09:41 GMT
Hello all,

Is there some kind of a "guide" available to configuring/tweaking ignite?
So far I have been going with the default example-ignite.xml file that
comes with the ignite distribution, however, I am ready to move on and
tweak, add etc.

For example, I have 5 machines each with 30+GB of RAM that I can dedicate
to an ignite cache. However, when I start ignite using the
example-ignite.xml configuration file, I get something like this:

[08:02:16] Ignite node started OK (id=e4be78cf)
[08:02:16] Topology snapshot [ver=1, nodes=1, CPUs=8, heap=1.0GB]

I am not even sure what the last line means when referring to the
heap=1.0GB line - does it mean I only get 1GB for cache even though I have
30GB available? Does it mean I get to start with 1GB but it will
auto-expand to max available heap? So on and so on.

I am happy to write things up somewhere and contribute to documentation if
anyone on here is willing to answer questions in private or public as I go
along! :-)

Thanks,
Ognen