ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ognen Duzlevski <ognen.duzlev...@gmail.com>
Subject Persistence of cache
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 12:58:49 GMT
Hello,

Can someone point me to docs describing what happens to a named cache in
the following situations?

1. Two separate programs access the same cache (one for reading, one for
writing). The writer dies. Does the grid still keep the cache intact?

2. One program creates a cache in a multiple machine grid, writes something
to it and unexpectedly dies. Does the cache automatically "go away" if no
programs are accessing it anymore?

What is the simplest way to persist the cache on disk for future use? I
wrote a separate program to use the ContinuousQuery thing but I feel the
cache engine itself should provide the functionality maybe.

Thanks!