ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Artiom Shutak <ashu...@gridgain.com>
Subject Ignite Plugin public API
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 14:52:17 GMT
Hi,

I hope it's not too late to change public API of the Ignite Plugin feature.

I have next suggestions:
1. PluginConfiguration interface have only one method

Class<? extends PluginProvider> providerClass();

and we have processing code, which try to instantiate PliginProvider with 3
types of constructors (in this order): constructor with PluginContext as
parameter, constructor with PluginConfiguration as parameter and default
constructor.
It seems to me that there is no a reason for user to don't apply already
created PluginContext, which have all needed information. I suggest another
method

PluginProvider createProvider(PluginContext ctx);

I additional, I want to note that if user want to create own plugin then he
has to extend PluginConfiguration (there is no way to implement just
PluginProvider without PluginConfiguration).

2. PluginContext suggestions

- "configuration" method (return PluginConfiguration) rename to
"pluginConfiguration";
- "grid" method (return Ignite) rename to "ignite"
- to delete next methods, because all of them can be gotten from
Ignite: igniteConfiguration, nodes, localNode, log.

-- Artem --