ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Iker Huerga <iker.hue...@gmail.com>
Subject New contributor?
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 21:20:08 GMT
Hi Ignite team,

My name is Iker Huerga, I'm a Software Engineer, Data Scientist and
entrepreneur with more than 8 years of experience in Java, I was a
Lucene/Solr contributor in the past, and have been using Hadoop in
production for more than 3 years now.

After being contacted by one the members of this community I got intriged
by the project you guys are working on. I took a look at the code and
documentation, and would like to say 'kudos' to all of you. It's clear that
there is a huge amount of work behind Ignite.

I would like to see whether I can be a contributor to Ignite, but there's
been a question in the back of my mind since I started reading about
Ignite, what is the main difference with Apache Spark?

Please note that I've already read the proposal [1], and I get the point
that Ignite is a more general in-memory engine. But Spark also provide
streaming processing, mapreduce computations, etc. Would you say the main
difference is ACID trx in memory?

Also, what is the route map for Ignite? Is it production ready?

Sorry for so many questions..... in exchange of an answer I can take care
of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-640  if you guys want to
assign it to me

Thanks in advance!
Iker