ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Joining an ignite cluster (via ignite.sh) delay
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:01:29 GMT
On 19.04.2015 00:57, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Ognen Duzlevski <ognen.duzlevski@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have noticed that with 1.0.0-incubating there is somewhat of a delay with
>> "joining" an ignite cluster. I have 6 EC2 instances - I start ignite.sh
>> examples/configs/example-ignite.sh & and then move on the next instance.
>> The same command on the next instance takes about 5-10 seconds before it
>> returns and each additional instance seems to take even longer. Anyone else
>> notice this?
>>

> You should not be getting such pauses. What OS are you running on?
>

>> I get this when I run ingnite.sh (1.0.0-incubating):
>> [15:22:31] Topology snapshot [ver=3, nodes=3, CPUs=24, heap=3.0GB]
>> [15:22:32] New version is available at ignite.incubator.apache.org: 1.0.2
>>
>> Where is 1.0.2 available for downloads? All I see is 1.0.0-incubating.
>>
> You can download it here: http://www.gridgain.com/download/editions/

HUH?? Excuse me, is Ignite looking at GridGain's site for version
updates? How on earth can GridGain be offering versions of Ignite that
have not been released, and worse, how can you possibly call the package
'gridgain-ignite'? There's no such thing.

Really, I thought we had the brand dilution and trademark violation
questions sorted out.

-- Brane