ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New contributor?
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 05:51:53 GMT
On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:01PM, Ognen Duzlevski wrote:
> Nikita, (thanks for the addition to an already nice answer by Cos! See my
> question below;
>
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Nikita Ivanov <nivanov30@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just to add to excellent Cos's response:
> > - The code base for Apache Ignite has been in production usage since 2007.
> > It's the only in-memory system that I'm aware of that can boast over 2000
> > nodes in a single mission critical installation working in a fully
> > transactional topology.
> >

> Perhaps you can then answer my question from a different thread: what do
> people do when they want to add additional proprietary  classes to be
> cached to a live ignite topology? Surely they don't stop all 2,000 nodes,
> copy a new jar around and restart all 2,000 nodes? :-)

There's so called 'Peer class loading' as per
  http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/docs/zero-deployment

but looks like you're looking for somewhat different usecase. I wonder if you
should be able to distribute the classes to the nodes and then do the rolling
restart. Just thinking out load - not 100% sure. Perhaps some of the old-timer
can chime in

Cos