ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject OSv'ing Ignite
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 21:26:22 GMT
Guys,

I don't know how many ppl here have heard about OSv [1] before. In short: it
is a cloud-computing focused OS, running on a hyperviser. Unlike a traditional
VM it has a tiny footprint and a miniscule startup time, hence adding 1-2
seconds to the application bootstrap. Unlike Docker, it provides full
process isolation. Plus many other tangible benefits.

I have filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-811 to experiment
with mix of Ignite and OSv, which I believe can provide us with even better
performance and deployment advantages, compared to what we already have in
this project.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSv

Would love to hear any ideas, feedback from your guys.
  Cos